Monday 8 December 2014

Dreamy Decorations DIY :)



God Jul !                          #It'sSnowingInMyBubble!                
My memories of Christmas as a young child consist of many things ... and quite a lot of mince pies ;) But mostly I remember every year, going to the local garden centre to pick out a Christmas tree and bringing it home to decorate it the red and gold colour scheme my sister loved ... whilst i got confused as to why my neon pink, coloured in, paper cut out angel decoration didn't match and how it always ended up back in the decorations box when I left the room ! Thinking back .. I can see my sisters point ;) Tonight Me and my boyfriend faced the terrible task of untangling the fairy lights and then the much less terrible task of decorating the tree together :) I love picking out baubles for the tree and deciding where they'll go ! I mean it's choosing pretty, sparkly things and dangling them from something beautiful and a lit up ... what's not to love ? But I'll talk more about that tomorrow :) Tonight I wanted to show you how I made a cute and fairly easy even if it was slightly fiddly , decoration for the tree which according to Pinterest is Swedish ! 

Swedish Tree Decorations ! 


What you'll need : 

( You will probably be able to find all this around the house somewhere so if you boxed a few up then they might make lovely little gifts for someone at very little cost ! ) 
  • White String ( I used bunting string that I found around the house but I'm sure you can get it pretty cheap in Poundland ) 
  • PVA Glue ( I used clear glitter paint for the 99p store because that way it already had the sparkles in but looking back it would've held it's structure better with glue ) 
  • White/Silver glitter ( 99p Store again ) 
  • Scissors 


                                                                            
Firstly, work out what word you want to make ( I made love )  and roughly try and make the shape with your string to see how much you need, add an extra 15cm too the length and then cut the string! 




Next tie a loop in the end of your string so it's a big enough loop to hang off your tree and cut off any excess string from the loop :) 



Now simply soaked your string in glue/ glitter paint and arrange the string to form the letters of your word on some cling film or a plastic bag .. It can be a lil bit fiddly so id do it when you're in a really patient mood aha :) But it's definitely worth the gorgeous results :) 




All that's left now is too leave it to dry for between 24 and 48 hours ( I assume it would be fine after 24 ) and then peel the word off you cling film or plastic bag very slowly and gently, before showing off your stunning creation to everybody by giving it prize place at the front of your tree :) 

Let me know in the comments when you think the right time to put up and decorate your tree is and if you would like to see any more DIY Christmas decorations ! 

Today's Merry Christmas is in Swedish ! In Sweden, families sometimes have a straw goat to guard the Christmas tree ! So I guess your lovely handmade decorations would be safe there at least, having their own personal goat guard and all ;) 

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 

I hope you've enjoyed the first week of blogmas ! 

Much love, Love Muchly 
DontBurstMyBubbleXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment