Wednesday 25 June 2014

#100happydays: day 25 ( Sheepish Socks and Lemony Lemons... Recipe time ;) )

Hellooooo :) 

My new socks being modelled by me and
my best friends feet :) Aren't they just simply
fabulous ;) 
I hope your all feeling good :) Following the events of yesterday ( you can read about that here ) I'm still in a very good mood :)  I can feel this blog post is destined to be a bit on the long side so I better get started if that's all good with you ? Well I hope it is because I'm going to start anyway because you are in the future in accordance to when I'm writing this which is in my present therefore you couldn't of given me an answer in the time space I had ... Actually in the time I just spent waffling I probably could've composed a reasonable introduction aha :) Anyway's firstly, I just want to get the important thing out of the way so I can move on to what I actually planned to do this blog about :) My awesome dad bought me some sheep socks as a kind of well done present for getting to be a prefect at school ! I love socks so much :D So today my #100happydays photo is a picture of my new socks :) When I got home I found my new socks had sparked a thought in my brain .. That life long, burning question that I was certain no one knew the answer to; where did socks come from ? So being me I decided science coursework could wait, I was determined to find out  the answer so that I could make all your lives better because that's what you wanted to know when you clicked on this blog right ? ... right ? guys come on admit it ;) no ? oh okay then ... I'm going to tell you anyway because it made me smile so it might make you smile and as I always say ; Smiling's good :)  I found the answer to our prayers when I came across a website dedicated to socks where you can read the entire history of socks .. You probably don't want to which is fair enough because well it's about socks and you probably have a social life or something but for the rest of us ( so probably just me aha ) you can find the website called Lonely Sock here :) 

Right now on to what I wanted to talk about :) The other day after some very unfortunate events my best friends nan was feeling very rightly sad so I decided that I wanted to give her at least a small smile so I've bought her a bouquet of flowers and made her a Lemon Drizzle cake :) Mmm lemon drizzle cake is probably my favourite just the sweet sugar and the sour lemony goodness colliding into one gorgeous taste sensation in your mouth and .. seriously how that cake is still whole I actually don't know aha ;) So especially for you, I present without no further a do ... Lemon drizzle a la bubble ;) 

Recipe : Lemon Drizzle a la bubble 

Ingredient's 
  • 2 eggs  
  • 4oz (110g) of caster sugar
  • 4oz (110g) of margarine 
  • 4oz (110g) of self raising flour
  • 1 table spoon of milk 
  • 2-3 un-waxed lemons
  • a lil bit of extra sugar for sprinkling :)
  • and now some more sugar for stuff .. about 2 table spoons probably aha 
Equitment
  • Mixing bowl 
  • Two mugs 
  • A Spoon ( I don't really know if that counts as equitment .. but you need it aha :) )
  • A loaf tin 
  • A loaf tin liner ( if you don't have one don't worry just rub some margarine around the tin to grease it up )
  • A Whisk
  • A fork 
  • Zester/ cheese grater 
This should make one Lemon Drizzle Loaf cake :) I actually got confused when writing down the ingredient's because I made two earlier and apparently dividing by two at midnight is very difficult for someone like me aha ;) 

Before you start you should probably set your oven to preheat to 180 degrees because your smart so probably would like to do that bit before you actually start transferring the mixture into tins and realise baking requires an oven .. its been a long day okay aha ;)

  1. Cream your sugar and margarine until the mixture has a white sheen to it :) If you want to make it extra fluffy then spend an extra few minutes after you get the white sheen hand whisking the mixture ... I always do this because it gives me more time to eat the mixture aha ;)
  2. Carefully break both your eggs into a mug so that if you do accidentally get some shell in it then you've not ruined your mixture :) I find this helpful when not trying to poison my family because I'm actually quite fond of them .. sometimes ;) Then whisk the eggs with a fork until they're light and fluffy ( that's what my mum always used to tell me ... I don't really see how an egg can be light and fluffy but she's a wise woman so I'll take her word for it ) 
  3. Add your egg a lil bit at a time to your mixture and whisk thoroughly to insure the mixture doesn't curdle :) 
  4. Sift in the self raising flour and stir it into the mixture then whisk until it's fully combined and smooth ( it tastes really good at this point ;) ) 
  5. Use your cheese graters zesting side to take the zest off 2 lemons and then add it two the cake mixture and stir :)
  6. Line or grease your loaf tin and add in the cake mixture then put your loaf tin filled with cake mixture into the oven ... smells so good :)
  7. Lick the bowl out ( this is the best part ... probably the only reason I make cakes ;) )
  8. Whilst the cake is cooking juice the lemons with a fork or a citrus juicer if you have more common sense that me :) sift the lemon juice to remove pips and pour into a microwavable mug ... you can do this in a pan over the hob but I find this is just quicker and easier :) add around 1 and a half to 2 table spoons of caster sugar to the lemon juice and microwave so that the sugar dissolves making a warm sweet-ish but still slightly sour lemon mixture :) If you think it's to sour just add more sugar because that's what I do :) If I'm honest I actually have no idea how much I used aha :)
  9. Take the cakes out of the oven when they are golden brown and springy to the touch. To see if they're cooked poke a clean knife through the middle if it comes out clean then the cakes cooked .. if not give it five more minutes and check again. 
  10. When your cake is cooked and out of the oven poke lots of holes in your cake with a fork whilst it's still warm and then pour your hot lemon-sugar mixture over the cake . To finish it off sprinkle with a lil bit of sugar so it looks like a fairy's but magic dust on it and leave to cool. 
ENJOY! :D

I served a slice of my cake ( I made a second cake for my mum as well as the one for my friends nan) with a glass of cloudy lemonade which I decorated with a slice of lemon and a yellow straw to in keep with the theme of lovely lemons and all there lemony goodness :)



                                  

So I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you try it and how it goes :) because I was feeling lemony I thought I'd just finish this blog off with five facts about lemon's so that you can leave this pointless blog as entirely confuzzeld as you were when you clicked on it and found me talking about socks aha :) 


  •  During the European Renaissance, fashionable ladies used lemon juice as a way to redden their lips.
  • The average lemon holds about three tablespoons of juice.
  •  Now I've got a surprise for you because it shocked me : lemons are technically berries (as are oranges, watermelons and tomatoes).
  • The average lemon has about eight seeds
  • There is a lemon festival in Mentone which is in France, that takes place in the spring. It’s been celebrating the yellow citrus fruit, so commonly found in the French Riviera, for close to a century.

Thank you for sticking around and reading about sheepish socks and lemony lemon recipe's I hope I made you smile once or twice and keeping In with today's theme we might as well have a lemon themed quote as well :) 

" If Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and surprise the world " 

I best be off then because it's nearly 1 am and neither of us have learnt anything significant .. apart from some random acts of kindness mean you get to eat cake mixture .. that's actually a pretty good incentive to do random acts of kindness aha :) But seriously if you see someone who's life isn't going particularly great right now , surprise them with a random act of kindness to lend them a smile just to keep them going ... It doesn't have to be big even just leave a nice note for them :) They will definitely appreciate kindness when they are in dark times <3 

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 
You're going to do great if you ever get a pop quiz on lemons ;)
Much love, Love much-ly 
DontBurstMyBubble xxx

P.s. told you it was going to be a long one ;) thank's for sticking around , I appreciate it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment